- Research help from our librarians is available in-person or via email. To make an appointment for a research consultation, please send us an email with your topic and potential availability, or stop by the library.
- To reserve one of the group study rooms in the library, stop by or call (607 255-3673) the Nestlé Library’s front desk. For more information about the group study rooms, visit the Marriott Student Learning Center page.
- Nestlé librarians have created research guides for researching key segments of the hospitality industry. These hospitality industry guides include direct links to recommended databases, journals, data sources, websites, books, and more.
- To find a list of recommended journals and magazines for the hospitality and real estate industries, visit our Popular Journals page. Don’t forget about Interlibrary Loan for those items that the Cornell library doesn’t own.
- Renew checked-out items or view the status of requested material by vising the My Account page.
For Faculty and Staff
- Nestlé librarians are available for curriculum-based instruction support. If your students need help finding and evaluating academic sources, we are happy to come into your classroom. Don’t have a full class to spare? We can design a shorter presentation designed around the needs of your students, from basic research strategies to specific assignment-based instruction. Please send us an email for more information or to set up an instruction session.
- Research support is also available for faculty preparing for scholarly publications or conference presentations. To make an appointment for a research consultation, please send us an email with your topic and potential availability, or stop by the library.
- Hotel School faculty can submit their academic work to the Scholarly Commons, SHA’s open-access repository. For questions, comments, and inquiries about the Scholarly Commons, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In some cases, the library is able to purchase resources on demand, whether it is a book, journal, database, or data set. Just use our Recommend A Purchase page to submit your ideas.
For Alumni and Visitors
- Alumni have access to a digital repository of research from the School of Hotel Administration through the Scholarly Commons. The Scholarly Commons makes available working papers, reports, conference presentations, journal articles, and more. It also includes collections of digital material selected by the reference librarians and archivists, out of a growing concern over the loss of born-digital materials and grey literature and the desire to ensure access to these resources for current and future students, faculty, and researchers.
- Due to licensing restrictions, many of the same databases used by students are not available to alumni. However, the library has negotiated alumni access to an extensive (and growing) list of electronic resources. As a Cornell alumnus, you may access these resources using your Cornell NetID. If you do not have a NetID, the Alumni Affairs website has instructions for requesting one.
- Any person may visit the Nestlé Library and use materials, databases, and resources on site. Visitors who wish to apply for borrowing privileges may contact the Cornell Library Public Services office, 116 Olin Library, 607 255-5069.
- Visitors to the Cornell campus may also find the guide to visiting Cornell University and maps of the campus and the city of Ithaca helpful.